uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] [bug #1745] VTarget and ARef programming or reading with STK5

From: nobody
Subject: [Uisp-dev] [bug #1745] VTarget and ARef programming or reading with STK500 is wrong
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:30:41 -0400

=================== BUG #1745: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1745&group_id=2117

Changes by: Anonymous user        Date: Fri 07/11/2003 at 00:30

Yes, this is known to be a firmware problem; an Atmel representative confirmed
this some time ago.  The problem was introduced in a firmware version around
1.20; they said it would be fixed in the next version, but I never checked to
see if it actually was.

=================== BUG #1745: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: None                    Project: AVR In-System Programmer
Submitted on: Mon 11/18/2002 at 15:54
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  Wont Fix
Assigned to:  troth                   Originator Email:  unknown

Original Submission:  $ uisp  -dprog=stk500 -dpart=AT90S8535 -mode=s --waref=5.0
Atmel AVR AT90S8535 is found.

$ uisp  -dprog=stk500 -dpart=AT90S8535 -mode=s --raref
Atmel AVR AT90S8535 is found.
ARef is set to 5.1 V

Setting aref or vtar to 5.0V gives 5.1V when reading. There is always 0.1V
difference between writing and reading.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Thu 03/13/2003 at 12:51       By: troth
This can't be fixed. It is a problem with the firmware in the stk500 as far as
I can tell. I think that the algorithm used to determine the voltage using the
ADC in the 8535 is the culprit.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: