uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp pre-release snapshot available,

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp pre-release snapshot available, gdb release coming up
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:26:14 +0200

Hi Tod, hi all,

> :)
> :) OK, have you a schedule for that actions. Let us not talk about
> :) days, but can you say summer (north part of the earth :-) or more
> :) next winter?
>
> I plan to make the next release once I have added the hi-v parallel
> funcionality. No need to stick to the 6 month cycle. Mostly it's a
> question of me finding the time. (There's a gdb release coming up and
> I've been working that. Plus the day job, etc)

Thats the problem from all the "work-horses" here, first we should work
on a day expander not on simulators and so on :-)

When you speek from gdb. There are two open bugs as discussed in
avr-gcc-list
a few week s ago.
One is the buffer overflow problem which could be fixed in a few minutes
the other is the frame-pointer? / register usage which makes it unable
to change
one of the registers from gdb, because wrong register size is
calculated/returned
I have removed the FP in my private version and have not seen any
problem,
but I have not watched out for any sideeffects until now :-(

Will these fixes come with next release?
(I put that mail also on avr-gcc-list for that point)

> :) As I understood now, the parallel high-v programming is not on the
> :) mainline but could be found in the branch, right?
>
> Mostly correct. The hi-v stuff that you wrote is on the branch. My
> work has taken a different approach and is currently only on my
> harddrive at home.

I´m a bit wondering now. In the "news" you wrote that parallel h-v
programming
is one of the new features in the mainline, right?

> :) The branch also contains your latest changes (new devices etc) ?
>

> I merged the mainline to the branch this morning. So, yes.

OK, that means that I can use the branch and will be able to use
new devices and my fuse settings in high voltage parallel programming
with stk 500.

that looks very very good.

Bye
   Klaus