uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Programming ATmega323 with AVR-ISP

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Programming ATmega323 with AVR-ISP
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Did you try "-dprog=avrisp"?
Yeah, it tries to screw with the parallel port, which is definitely not
the way to talk to this *serial* device ;-)

> I've never used avr-isp, so I don't know how it works. I doubt that you'd
> want to use dasa with avr-isp though. The pdf reference you gave looks to me
> like there's a micro embedded in the avr-isp which talks to uisp via a
> serial cable in much the same way uisp talks to a stk500.
I get the impression from multiple sources that it's roughly the same
thing as the stk500, esp since avrstudio4 calls it the "stk500/avr-isp".
Problem is uisp doesn't seem to think so.

      Erik Walthinsen <address@hidden> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_