tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Blackboard problem !

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Blackboard problem !
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:55:16 +0200

2009/4/17 ZXPLECOFR004, Ext <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>

> OK, I will report the bug in the tracker. Thanks for the archive. After a
> rapid test it shows that:
>        - the same bug has not been reproduced
>        - another bug has appeared (a freeze of bb_simu linked with the run of
> tsp_stdout_client (in 32 or 64bits))
>
>  After rebooting the platform (due to unremovable shared memory),

> I have done the test again with 0.8.3 and it appeared that:
>        - I didn't reproduced this bug with these softs (bb_simu,
> tsp_bb_provider, tsp_stdout_client)

What do you mean "didn't reproduced"?

Is it with  the same unpatched tsp-0.8.3 or with the patched version
provided by Fred?

As a complementary question
do you run several blackboard and/or TSP provider on the same host?
If yes are they run by the same user and/or not?

>        - The behiavour is quite strange but is different than the 0.8.4cvs
> one: It seems to do nothing
> From now, Frederic will investigate on these problems.

Fred do you have time to investigate that?

> Any idea is welcomed !!

Yes you should debug this either using STRACE_DEBUG env var and/or a debugger.

if you set

export STRACE_DEBUG=3 in the terminal where you launch
tsp_bb_provider and/or tsp_stdout_client
you'll get trace of tsp library actions which may give us (or you)
more informations.

*BEFORE* launching tsp_stdout_client could you play around with

tsp_request_generic client.

tsp_request_generic --help for mmore information or see
http://nongnu.mirror.ironie.org/releases/tsp/documentations/tsp_programming_guide-1.1.pdf
(§ 11.2.1)

Does the lockup occurs with other client (i.e. targa)

--
Erk