tsp-devel

Re: RE : [Tsp-devel] 0.8.3-rc1 windows build: testers needed

From: Frederik Deweerdt
Subject: Re: RE : [Tsp-devel] 0.8.3-rc1 windows build: testers needed
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 01:24:25 +0200

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 12:27:15AM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2007/4/4, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> >> Same thing for me.
> >> I will try to test it at home where I can be easily administrator.
> >> But your build seems OK.
> >
> >It seems that the problem comes from the binary files
> >that are in external/ACPTL-ONCRPC/bin. They somehow got
> >corrupted and are not valid executables anymore.
>
> Strange enough. I think we should checksum binary files
> with gpg and/or sha1sum in order to verify their integrity.
Good idea, they shouldn't change once this is sorted out.

> Could you try to install 0.8.2
> http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/tsp/tsp-0.8.x/tsp-0.8.2/prebuilt/windows/tsp-0.8.2-Windows.exe
>
> and run a binary diff between ONCRPC extracted files?
I'll do the coming week. But I suppose they were fine as no problems with
reported with it?

> Beware of the fact that we have patched the ACPLT ONCRPC distribution
> and that's why we did checked-in tsp/external the appropriate patched version.
OK, I though it was just a matter of keeping the distrib at hand.
> >Note that I had to reboot to remove the previous portmap.
> >Any ideas on how this happened?
>
> I bet for corrupted CVS checkout with mishandled filetype.
> But those files have (?should have?) been checked-in with -kb RCS tag.
> I think we should really checksum those binary.
They've been I checked. I'd bet on a problem when transfering the files
from windows to linux by ftp in ascii mode. The changes are subtle
(s/\n/\r\n/) and they could go unnoticed by the linker...

Fred