tsp-devel

Re: RE : [Tsp-devel] 0.8.3-rc1 windows build: testers needed

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: RE : [Tsp-devel] 0.8.3-rc1 windows build: testers needed
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:45:27 +0200

2007/4/2, TSP <address@hidden>:

Hello Frederik.

As I got the luck :=) to work at my office on a real Windows box, I did try you
delivery.
I just extracted the whole stuff, and lauched the famous tsp_stub_server.exe

I have done the same test with unfortunately... the same result
(see screenshot included)

But it complained that I miss MSVCR71D.dll, which obviously I haven't.
This DLL seems to be usefull when distributing shared applications built whith
MFC :
http://c.developpez.com/faq/vc/?page=DLL#DistributeMFCApp

Strange enough since tsp_stub_server should not embbed any MFC at all,
I think msvcr71d.dll is for any Visual Studio compiled app whereas
mfc71d.dll is for MFC based apps.

But tell me something, why didn't you build the NSIS Installer?
Did you compiled TSP with Visual Studio or another build environnement?

I think Alan did add some dll to be installed in the WIN32 case,
if you look at tsp/CMakeLists.txt you'll see:

 IF (MSVC71)
   ## Install FIX the path to le system directoy##
   INSTALL(FILES
     C:/Windows/system32/msvcr71d.dll
     C:/Windows/system32/mfc71d.dll
     DESTINATION external/msvc)
 ENDIF (MSVC71)

or may be you didn't have NSIS on your QEmu box and
you built the Zip installer which unfortunately does not include
"absolute path installed" files (I saw this kind of bug on CMake ML)

Another problem I see with the current ZIP file is that it does
not contains the (ACPLT)-ONCRPC executables which are needed
for installing portmapt service:

see tsp/CMakeLists.txt <<<<
        # external programs
        INSTALL(PROGRAMS ${ACPLT_ONCRPC_BINARY_DIRS}/rpcinfo.exe
                                         ${ACPLT_ONCRPC_BINARY_DIRS}/rpcgen.exe
                                         ${ACPLT_ONCRPC_BINARY_DIRS}/portmap.exe

${ACPLT_ONCRPC_BINARY_DIRS}/pm_ascii.exe
                                         ${ACPLT_ONCRPC_BINARY_DIRS}/inst_pm.exe
                        DESTINATION external/oncrpc/bin)

moreover even if you had the executable you still need to launch
an equivalent of the NSIS installer script:

Look for SET(CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS ....
in the tsp/CMakeLists.txt.

--
Erk