Re: unbuffered remote process I/O

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: unbuffered remote process I/O
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 12:10:47 +0200

Felipe Lema <felipelema@mortemale.org> writes:

Hi Felipe,

> I don't know if it's worth since it's not an `emacs -Q` test case
>
> but
>
> we can reproduce the error in my branch of eglot [1].
>
> The unit tests fail [2] because the the initialization json is sent,
> but does not reach the remote server [3].
>
> To reproduce it locally, you need to setup a passwordless ssh access to
> localhost, Emacs >= 27, pyls and eglot dependencies
>
> [1] = https://github.com/FelipeLema/eglot/tree/tramp-support
> [2] = https://travis-ci.org/github/joaotavora/eglot/builds/686649196#L559
> [3] = https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/pull/463#issuecomment-629363409

I had a look on this, but I cannot extract a simple to run test for
me. For further investigation, I would need some steps to apply (they
must not need to start with "emacs -Q", cloning something at the
beginning would be OK).

Furthermore, reading [3], it seems to me that you have already found a
limitation in sending chunks to the remote. Teaching jsonrpc to send
several chunks up to 4096 bytes could solve the problem, right?