Re: Tramp hangs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp hangs
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 19:59:45 +0200

Ryan Chipman <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ryan,

> I am having this issue with non-AWS hosts that aren't behind a vpn as
> well. To remove the VPN/AWS confounding variables, I've repeated my
> previous steps with a different host, and attached the log to this
> email. Hopefully this one is more helpful!

It is still the same, the ssh command does not return anything back to
Tramp. I have tried it from my local machine, and I get

root@167.99.227.20: Permission denied (publickey).

which is expected.

Hmm, without any output from the command I cannot analyze. Have you
tried to use an Emacs started as "emacs -Q"?

ANother idea might be to add "-vvv" to the ssh client. Look at variable
tramp-methods, entry "ssh", and add it to the  tramp-login-args entry as
("-vvv")