Re: No longer accessible host paths

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: No longer accessible host paths
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 16:45:08 +0100

JD Smith <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I like the final y/n to fully abort.  The C-h help form is the
> problem: "ESC or `q' to not change any of the buffers,” should read
> "ESC or `q' to quit without changing further buffers”.

Applied.

> `ido-everywhere` is the culprit.  If I disable it, things work as
> expected.  Most ido users have it enabled I’d guess.
>
> I can also work to get ido patched so that it respects
> `ido-read-file-name-non-ido` even for directory reads, which failure
> seems like an obvious bug.  Then perhaps tramp can add its rename
> commands to that list.  I’m not sure how Ivy or Helm (or fido!) deals
> with these prompts, btw, but might be worth testing.

I'll dive into ido debugging next week. Rather not this weekend; my
daughter has her birthday tomorrow.

If you find something for ido config, pls let me know. Or if you have an
ido patch, I could commit it to Emacs in your name. (Don't know, whether
you have an account on savannah.)

Is this the only problem which is left?