Re: tramp hangs

From: Mark Geary
Subject: Re: tramp hangs
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:26:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019, Michael Albinus wrote:

Hi Mark,

Maybe we shall implement something similar for
tramp-do-file-attributes-with-stat, assuming PIPE_BUF being 256 when it
is undefined. This shall serve for all practical purposes (Solaris is the
only system I know of, which has problems with the command in
tramp-do-file-attributes-with-stat).

I've implemented it, works OK locally. Could you please try the appended patch?

I tried to apply the patch, then realized I needed to update Tramp to 2.4.2
(I had 2.4.1). I also realized that I needed to delete ~/emacs.d/tramp.
(Which, I suppose, is why Tramp had been using /usr/ccs/bin/bash.)

I applied the patch and re-installed Tramp.
It still fails when I try to edit a file on a remote Solaris 11 box.
(Though Emacs no longer hangs at the failure.)

    Tramp: Inserting ‘/ssh:sfmg10:/home/mag43/.profile’...failed
    (Wrong method specification for ‘ssh’)

I've attached the debug file.

It still works when I explicitly disable the command-line init.

Mark