Re: tramp (2.3.3.26.1); process-send-eof not working?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.3.3.26.1); process-send-eof not working?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:20:04 +0100

"Brunick, Gerard" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Gerard,

> When running on a MSYS2 Windows Emacs build and connecting to a remote
> Linux machine, it does not appear that `process-send-eof' actually
> sends an EOF.
>
> In particular, `process-send-eof' doesn't seem to end the process as
> it does when I run cat (the MSYS2 cat) from a local directory on my
> Windows machine.  I believe that this could potentially be causing a
> problem when using Magit from Windows to Linux over TRAMP (see
> https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/3624?_pjax=%23js-repo-pjax-container).

Well, this is a known problem. See the comment about
tramp-test29-start-file-process at the end of tramp-tests.el. (Maybe it
isn't bundled with your Emacs 26.1 delivery; you could take the sources
from
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/test/lisp/net/tramp-tests.el?h=emacs-26>).

If somebody has an idea: patches welcome.