Re: tramp (2.3.2); filename completion in adb dried: just send TAB

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.3.2); filename completion in adb dried: just send TAB
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 12:02:09 +0200

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Dan,

> I have a better idea:, just have it send the remote shell the half
> completed filename and a TAB character, and use what it returns.

Could behave better, yes. But handling file name completion in the
minibuffer is out of the scope of Tramp. Tramp is just a library, which
replaces some basic file operations with own ones for remote targets, as
tramp-adb.el does for Android devices.

If you want to have a different file name completion in the minibuffer,
you must either extend existing packages (like ido.el, icomplete.el, or
alike), or you must write your own file name completion. See the Elisp
manual,

(info "(elisp) Programmed Completion")