Re: docview & tramp revert-buffer problem

From: Iakov Davydov
Subject: Re: docview & tramp revert-buffer problem
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 07:41:53 +0000

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:28 AM Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
There is another open Emacs problem wrt reverting non-textual buffers,
see <https://debbugs.gnu.org/16515>. Don't know, whether it is related.
This problem looks different in many ways. It is about auto-revert, and the buffer is reverted but switched to a different mode.
Most importantly this problem is not related to tramp.

No, that's not expected. Do you see the same problem with local PDF files?
No. Locally both revert-buffer & doc-view-revert-buffer work as expected (i.e. new file is displayed).
The problem (i.e. new content is not displayed) happens only on a pdf file opened via tramp.

If time permits I'll check; unfortunately I'm very short in time these
days. Maybe somebody else could say something about.
Thanks a lot,
Iakov

--
Iakov Davydov
Postdoc, Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Lausanne