Re: start-file-process-shell-command does not work when buffer does not

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: start-file-process-shell-command does not work when buffer does not exist beforehand
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 10:36:36 +0200

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello.

Hi Nikolay,

> According to the documentation, start-file-process-shell-command
> should create a new buffer when it does not exist.

The documentation doesn't say anything what happens when the buffer does
not exist.

> And this works fine when ran locally. But when done over tramp it does
> not work...

Indeed. So I've added this behaviour to Tramp, in order to be
consistent.

Will appear with the next Tramp release 2.3.0, planned for end of
June. Since Emacs 25.1 (also planned for end of June) is already frozen,
it won't be shipped with this change.

Thanks for the report, and best regards, Michael.