Re: remote file editing: corrupt save

From: Vinh Nguyen
Subject: Re: remote file editing: corrupt save
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 06:23:44 -0800

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm sorry but I have no idea. I haven't seen ever that just the edited
> pieces of a file were mangled. Something went very strange.
>
> Since this seems to be because the connection was disrupted several
> times, my crystal ball doesn't tell me what could have gone wrong.
> I'm very sorry about!

Does this offer any clue on how to fix the file?  This is in the
Messages buffer when I open the file:

Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell...done
Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `my_server'
Tramp: Opening connection for address@hidden using plink...done
Tramp: Inserting `/plink:address@hidden:/my/path/01_read_data.sas'...
Warning: Couldn't find an inline transfer compress command
Tramp: Encoding remote file
`/plink:address@hidden:/my/path/01_read_data.sas' with
`tramp_perl_encode_with_module <%s'...done
Tramp: Decoding local file
`c:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tramp.224847Jc.sas' with
`base64-decode-region'...done
Tramp: Inserting `/plink:address@hidden:/my/path/01_read_data.sas'...done

-- Vinh