Re: tramp-gvfs: parsing issues when using locale

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp-gvfs: parsing issues when using locale
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:03:27 +0200

Jürgen Hötzel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael

Hi Jürgen,

>     Could this be presented with the display names instead? Or a
>     combined
>     listing with blob-ids and display names, linked to the respective
>     blob-id?
>
> I had the same Idea. But this requires to call gvfs-info on each file.
> This could be implemented in
> `tramp-gvfs-handle-file-name-all-completions'. There should be no
> performance issue for other methods if we
> do this only when the method is "google-drive"?

If we test for the method, it shall be OK.

Another point: I'm still unsure, whether we shall call the method
"google-drive", this sounds too long. Something like "gd" sounds better
to me. See `tramp-gvfs-mount-spec', where we map already Tramp "smb" to
FUSE "smb-share".

And we shall declare "gmail.com" as default host, and maybe
(user-login-name) as default user name for this method (I know, the
latter one is questionable). Then one could access as "/gd::/path/to/file".

>     I cannot test yet, my Ubuntu 15.04 does not offer google-drive
>     mounts via gvfs yet.
>
> You could give ArchLinux a try ;-)

:-)

(Seriously: I cannot do too much just now. I have serious health problems)