Best practice for tracking current release?

From: Ben Hyde
Subject: Best practice for tracking current release?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:04:40 -0400

What’s “best practice” for staying in sync with the current release? - ben

ps. My tramp is 2.2.9-24.4, and it has one particularly frustrating behavior (sometimes it won’t save files (complaining “byte-code: Wrong type argument: stringp, (nil)”). I notice[1] that the latest verison appears to be 2.2.12, but tramp’s not in the enumeration shown by M-x package-list-packages.

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/tramp -> http://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/ -> “TRAMP version 2.2.12 User Manual”

pps. Thanks, I don’t know how I’d work without Tramp!