Tramp is misleaded by an error message at ftp login

From: SENESI Stéphane
Subject: Tramp is misleaded by an error message at ftp login
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:01:02 +0100 (CET)

Dear Tramp users and gurus

New machine, new issues : my new 'archive' machine, Hendrix, issues an error message upon ftp connection, which drives Tramp in a strange state : albeit it is able to go ahead, and to forward the password which I typed in, and hence to successfully log in, it nevertheless issues an error message (which actually is a copy of the ftp error message, see below) and do not list the directory I was asking for

Is there a simple way to bypass this problem ?

Here is the session transcript :

ftp> open hendrix
Connected to hendrix.meteo.fr.
220-#    HPSS 7.4 Parallel FTP Daemon on hendrixftp0
#        coming from lxaster7.cnrm.meteo.fr

220 hendrixftp0 FTP server (HPSS 7.4 PFTPD V1.1.1 Mon Dec 1 22:56:04 UTC 2014) ready.
user "senesi" Turtle Power!
334 Using authentication type GSSAPI; ADAT must follow
GSSAPI accepted as authentication type
GSSAPI error major: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
GSSAPI error minor: No Kerberos credentials available
GSSAPI error: initializing context
GSSAPI authentication failed
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.