Re: Enable adb port in tramp adb

From: Ashi
Subject: Re: Enable adb port in tramp adb
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 10:42:56 +0800

Hi, Michael,

Sorry for late response.

I've updated my patch. Add 2 more things:
 - if user provide port number in ADB USB mode, let tramp give error (I feel I haven't handled the error message correctly, need your review).
 - if user doesn't provide port number in ADB TCP mode, let tramp find port number from "adb devices" for user.

For the tramp-test22-file-times test case, I find it is the problem in my test devices. Because my test device (not a phone, just a develop board) is not a released Android, and it is not stable. On the develop board, set-file-times doesn't return correctly result. But when I run the test on my phone, set-file-times returns correctly, that is it return nil when run (set-file-times tmp-name1 '(0 1)).

But the tramp-test31-utf8 failed on my phone, which is passed on my develop board. I haven't looked into it yet.

Best regards
Zhongwei

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
Ashi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Michael,

Hi Zhongwei,

> Got it. It is very convenient for user.

Thanks. So I'm waiting for your next patch iteration.