Re: Enable adb port in tramp adb

From: Ashi
Subject: Re: Enable adb port in tramp adb
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:32:51 +0800

Hi, Michael,
I still stuck in "make check" (I'm running the test on current master branch). I've tried setting $REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY to different directories, but always get same failure. The result is attaches. Could help me what happens here, thanks!

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Ashi <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi, Michael,

2014 年 10 月 21 日 下午 11:08于 "Michael Albinus" <address@hidden>写道:

> Ashi <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Zhongwei,
>
> > The patch is updated based on your comments.
>
> Thanks. I'm on a business trip just now, so I could only read the patch
> and check whether it compiles. No chance for me to test during the next
> 2 weeks.
I think it should be OK. I can do any necessary test.

> > This patch is only tested by hand. I tried to run "make check", but
> > there are many cases fails (26/35 fails) on current master. What can I
> > do for this?
>
> If you want to use "make check", you must set a proper
> $REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY. This must be a directory where Tramp
> has *write* permissions. Which value did you use?
Oh, I haven't set any value to $REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY. I'll run the test later.

> You can also load test/tramp-tests.el into a buffer and evaluate
> it. When you then call "M-x ert", the tests run interactively. You could
> use Emacs' edebug in order to see what happens.
>
> >  lisp/tramp-adb.el | 18 ++++++++++++++----
> >  1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>
> Well, the patch fits perfectly into Emacs "tiny change" policy. This
> policy means you are allowed to provide patches up to 15 lines without
> signing the legal FSF papers.
>
> However, this would prevent you from submitting further patches towards
> Tramp (or Emacs at all). Would you be willing to sign the FSF papers?

I'm OK with signing this for contributing probably further patches.

Cheers,
Zhongwei