Re: Using a 'bastion' - issue when providing password

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Using a 'bastion' - issue when providing password
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 21:56:39 +0200

I'm hoping that it can be made to work somehow, just need to figure out how. Get "ssh rt" working outside Emacs, then perhaps it works inside Emacs, too.

You could try "ssh -vvv rt" for a start, that should show you a number of debug messages.

You could try to change the ProxyCommand to add "-vvv" to the ssh command in there.

You could compare whatever you get from "ssh rt" with what you get when you type the proxy command manually (use the same "-vvv" in both cases).

Am I making sense?  Does this explain the approach I'm thinking about?

Kai