Re: tramp (2.2.9-24.4); larger files give "File exists, but cannot be re

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.9-24.4); larger files give "File exists, but cannot be read" message
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:11:39 +0200

Rob Newton <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Michael,

Hi Rob,

> I made that change for scp to run in verbose mode. The debug log is
> attached. There appears to be a problem with escaping certain special
> characters in the shell command.

Yes, indeed. Finally, I could reproduce it locally with some more
sophisticated file names (containing spaces and other special
characters). Ordinary file names do not cause pain in my local
environment, I guess it is due to escaped characters handling of the
used remote shell.

I'll work on this next days. Shall be fixed before the next Emacs 24.4
pretest, hopefully.

> Thanks,
> Rob

Thanks for testing, and best regards, Michael.