Re: tramp-completion-file-name-handler causes max-specpdl-size error

From: Rodrigo Amestica
Subject: Re: tramp-completion-file-name-handler causes max-specpdl-size error
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:55:43 -0400

At Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:17:34 +0200,
Michael Albinus wrote:

> Rodrigo Amestica <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Rodrigo,
>
> >> Could you, please, show the full backtrace? In order to understand, why
> >> tramp-completion-file-name-handler is invoked.
> >
> > there is no backtrace but just that line in the Messages buffer. I do
> > not understand why is that I do not get a backtrace buffer (read the
> > wiki and it looks to me that I should be getting one but I do not). I
> > have never used one so my mileage is rather short.
>
> You should perform
>
> (setq debug-on-error t)

yes, sure. that's what i did before my original message, but I just got that log
line in Messages and I thought that that was all. At that moment I did not know
about the backtrace buffer. After you asked for it then I read about it and
realized that I was not getting none.

Then I also set debug-ignored-errors to nil but still no backtrace buffer.

Then I tried setting debug-on-quit to 't' expecting that C-g should bring me
into
the backtrace, but still no backtrace.

I also tried (/ 0 0) which prints 'Arithmetic error' but still no backtrace.

For some reason the backtrace mode does not work for me. I will keep trying to
decipher this backtrace problem.

Any how, many thanks for the quick reply.

Rodrigo