Re: Tramp vs. ControlPath

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp vs. ControlPath
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:19:03 +0200

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Romain,

> Ok. I did see this variable in the code, but since it's a defconst and
> not a defcustom I assumed it wasn't meant to be modified by the user.
> (This is what "cleanly" referred to in my question.)

Yes, I thought a while whether I should make it a defcustom.
Unfortunately, it is kind of risky to change it, and it could stop Tramp
proper work if set poorly. That's why I made it a defconst only, in
order not to encourage people to change it if not absolutely necessary.

What do people think? Should it be a defcustom?