Re: tramp (2.2.3-24.1); tramp hangs while sending tramp_perl_file_attrib

From: adam
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.3-24.1); tramp hangs while sending tramp_perl_file_attributes
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:45:38 -0700

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Hope your vacation is enjoyable and refreshing.

I did try M-x tramp-cleanup-all-connections before connecting; this run happened after I did that, then shut down my system entirely and re-tried. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

I followed all of the directions that I found at http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/tramp/Bug-Reports.html , to the best of my ability. The attached file debug_tramp_ssh is the (edited for privacy) output from the *debug tramp/ssh remote_host* buffer. I did neglect to add *tramp/foo*, but only because that buffer was blank.

I understand that tramp sometimes has problems interacting with FreeBSD, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were something on that end. Our sysadmins reassure me that nothing has changed in the ssh configuration or any other system-wide resources over the weekend, though, but suddenly, I am unable to connect.

If I'm missing something else, let me know what you might need from me. Thanks!

Quoth Michael Albinus, on 9/28/12 12:35 AM:
Hi Adam,

I'm on a vacation trip these days, so I cannot analyze in detail. However, your problem
looks like a stale cache. Please try "M-x tramp-cleanup-all-connections" before
you connect, again.

If it doesn't work, please send the traces as described in the mamual. I'll
check when I'm back (10 days from now), unless someone beats me.

Adam Perry <address@hidden>
Developer, DesertNet