Re: Why can't I /address@hidden:/ with tramp?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Why can't I /address@hidden:/ with tramp?
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:33:54 +0100

Harry Putnam <address@hidden> writes:

Hy Harry,

> Michael, what are we trying to get to here.

we are playing the same command sequence as Tramp does.

> I can tell you that ssh
> from local linux host to remote windowshost works just fine.

No doubt. It is rather Tramp which does not understand what happens there.

> My complicated PS1 value is shown as escape characters.  I've
> shortened it to [ PS1 ] for clarity:

Reading both the traces and the manual actions you have performed, it
seems to be a prompt issue. Could you please, for test purposes, disable
all prompt settings on your local and remote machines? That means,
comment out every prompt related command in your .profile.

Let's see how it goes.