Re: ad-hoc multi-hop editing of remote files

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: ad-hoc multi-hop editing of remote files
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:31:40 +0000

Hi Michael,

On 17/11/2011 15:21, Michael Albinus wrote:
I have committed a patch to the Tramp repository which should offer
ad-hoc proxy definition. It looks similar like the old multi-method,
but with a slightly changed syntax. And the proxy isn't part of the
remote filename for the buffer and default-directory etc.

The syntax looks like "/ssh:address@hidden|sudo:address@hidden:/some/file".

Cool :-)

What's the recommended way of installing tramp from the cutting edge source?

Note, that this patch breaks filename completion in the minibuffer for
the time being. I'll fix it next days, and I'll extend the also
documentation.

Even better :-)

cheers,

Chris