Re: 'exec /bin/bash --login' in ~/.profile

From: Marc Girod
Subject: Re: 'exec /bin/bash --login' in ~/.profile
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:12:02 +0000 (UTC)

Michael Albinus <michael.albinus <at> gmx.de> writes:

> I do not know it for sure, but likely shell-mode does not know about
> Tramp, and maybe it does some actions based on the value of
> user-login-name.
> It's not built-in in Tramp, maybe it is some magic shell-mode does.

I'll keep an eye on that, and try to find the explanation.
I do have this SHELL setting in my own .bash_profile as well (this is because
bash is not my login shell in that NIS, because it is not installed to all
hosts, and where it is, not in the same paths...
Yet, SHELL is obeyed by a tool which I use and does create new shells).

> Good to know. I assume there's no Tramp-related problem left?

None, Thanks!
Marc