Re: problem of `tramp-handle-file-local-copy' and inline transfer compre

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: problem of `tramp-handle-file-local-copy' and inline transfer compressing
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 12:28:33 +0200

Toru TSUNEYOSHI <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, Michael san.

Hi Toru san,

> In `tramp-handle-write-region',
> (file) size should be got by `file-attributes', not by `length'. Because
> `length' of multibyte string is not as same as (file) size.
> And `file-name-handler-alist' should be set to nil, when calling
> `write-region'
>
> So I fixed the above.
> Please check it.

Yes, both changes are good, thanks for fixing. I've committed the final
patch to both Tramp and Emacs repositories.

I have also applied a small change: tramp-inline-compress-start-size can
also be nil, which disables compression at all. This might be useful
when your local machine runs MS Windows, for example.

Thanks for your contribution, and best regards, Michael.