Re: tramp 2.1.11 completion list force refresh

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp 2.1.11 completion list force refresh
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:11:14 +0100

Pete Forman <address@hidden> writes:

>>In dired, you can hit "g" (revert-buffer) for rereading directory contents.
>
> I find it a bit annoying to have to go via dired to refresh a directory
> when I know that the remote files have changed through some external
> process.

I've mentioned it because until now it is the only offered way to
refresh the directory. I don't say it shall be the mandatory way.

> Would it be possible to check the previous key strokes or function call?
> Two failed completions in a row points to a stale cache.  Pressing tab
> or whatever a second time would refresh the cache.

There are no "failed completions" Tramp could detect today. It simply
uses its cache, and it believes that is OK.

Flushing the cache after hitting a completion key (like <TAB>) several
times is a good approach.