Re: tramp-2.0.56 tarball contains truncated configure file

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp-2.0.56 tarball contains truncated configure file
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:04:28 +0200

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

>> Have you tried to regenerate configure by calling autoconf?
>
> Yes, this works of course. (And the resulting configure is identical
> to the one in the tarball except for the missing part at the end.)
>
> That doesn't change the fact that the distributed tarball is damaged,
> though.

I see. I don't know exactly why it is damaged, I remember experiencing
problems with the mounted filesystem Tramp resides on in the period of
end of May.

Very likely there won't be a separate Tramp 2.0.57, because Tramp 2.1
has been declared as stable now (see announcement of Tramp 2.1.10). And
this, the last released version, seems to be OK.

> Ulrich

Thanks for reporting, and best regards, Michael.