Re: tramp (2.1.9); messing a file (encoding?)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.9); messing a file (encoding?)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:59:42 +0200

Konstantinos Anagnostopoulos <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Michael,

Hi,

> the difference you see is the editing I am doing before
> saving the file. It is not inserted by the program of course.

That's what I suspected ...

> The differences that the procedure of saving the file via tramp
> introduces (whether it is tramp or any other program) are missing
> greek characters (iso8859-7 not utf) and transforming of some greek
> characters to latin.

OK. What I would like to see is the same file (without any manual
editing) as it appears on your local host, and as it results on the
remote host after copying/saving there. Additionally, I would need the
Tramp debug buffer resulting from copying/saving, which has been
prepared with (setq tramp-verbose 8) before that operation.