Re: tramp (2.1.9); messing a file (encoding?)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.9); messing a file (encoding?)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:53:06 +0200

Konstantinos Anagnostopoulos <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Friends,

Hi,

> When I try to save a file (method ssh, scp or ftp has the same
> problem), some charcters are deliberately changed.
>
> Original file:
> http://www.physics.ntua.gr/~konstant/Epithrhseis/index-before.html
> After saving it (many characters are trnasformed):
> http://www.physics.ntua.gr/~konstant/Epithrhseis/index-after.html

I see the differences. But are you really sure it is because of Tramp?
Both scp and ftp methods use their built-in copy mechanisms, without any
encoding/decoding (which might be the source of such problems).

Furtheron, line 102-104 in index-after.html are interesting. They read

<ul>

In index-before.html, same position, we find only:

<ul>

That leads to the conclusion it isn't Tramp who has changed the file but
something else. Could you, please, double-check?