Re: FreeBSD - tramp removes remote file and emacs session freezes (fwd)

From: Alex V. Koval
Subject: Re: FreeBSD - tramp removes remote file and emacs session freezes (fwd)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:28:45 +0200 (EET)

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Michael Albinus wrote:

Non-existing directories are cut off.

`tramp-default-remote-path' is expanded to '("/usr/bin" "/bin"
"/usr/sbin" "/sbin" "") in your case. Strange.

Should /usr/local/bin,/usr/local/sbin be in path?

Could you, please, provide again the debug buffer with verbosity set
to level 6?

I found how to set verbocity. But there are no way to set "Tramp Debug Buffer" via 'customize-group' -> 'tramp' - there are no such setting :(

Now for Tramp 2.1.7. Something strange must happen with
FreeBSD (unfortunately, I cannot reach such a test machine).

I will keep 2.1.7 and will send you login to my home machine
so you can test.

PS: Does setting tramp-chunksize help for ssh connections?

Hm. I did not tested it well. It seems a few times it worked
well, and once it freezed even after I set this value to
300. I will do more testing.

P.S. Thank you for doing such great support !

--
Alex V. Koval
http://www.halogen-dg.com/