Re: using plink to compy from windows XP to linux

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: using plink to compy from windows XP to linux
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:58:14 +0200

"emacs user" <address@hidden> writes:

> here it is.  I am replying to you only as I never am sure that the password
> information is not included in these full reports...

I understand. But Tramp traces are designed to NOT contain passwords,
never ever. If you hve evidences that this design is broken, please
let me know.

> here are the details.
>
> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
> of 2006-10-15 on W2ONE
> Package: tramp (2.0.54)

I've downloaded recent Emacs32 from http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html
Started with option "-q". I still cannot reproduce your problem here.

The provided info looks also ok. We need traces. Could you, please,
evaluate the following form after loading tramp:

    (mapcar 'trace-function-background
     (mapcar 'intern
      (all-completions "tramp-" obarray 'functionp)))

Run the test, and send then the resulting buffer *trace-output*