tramp (2.1.7) slow

From: B52
Subject: tramp (2.1.7) slow
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 04:38:15 +0800

Oops... sorry...  First, the wrong title as I was trying to be lazy and just replied on other's msg.  Second, it seems that tramp verbose level 5 tells the spot - it's at "Decoding region into remote file...".

I guess this is unavoidable... or is there some Emacs modules that I have missed which renders the slow process?

Many thks,
Peter.