courtyard

From: Molly Guerra
Subject: courtyard
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:02:08 +0900

She had never found England so gloomybefore. I re-peruse the opening lines: straightway that exacerbation isstilled. Never could I have attained to his infinite capacity of sufferingfools gladly. Mustlanguage, a child of necessity, be clipped and groomed like a boxhedge? Must a living organism be at the mercy of a pack of dismalgentlemen in frock coats? Havelock Ellis, or through the Neapolitan as did Charles Grant inhis Stories of the Camorra? Noris it a featureless monster, like Pallas Russian travels. Now what do Frenchmen think of such language? She had been broughtup unacquainted with the world, its marvels, its realities. Industrialism has been raisedto a bad eminence. Noris it a featureless monster, like Pallas Russian travels. Quil est donc malaisé, say the authors in oneplace, de peindre avec justesse le charme de lOrient! Never could I have attained to his infinite capacity of sufferingfools gladly. That might well beappropriate from an artistic point of view. For this desert mancherishes a sense we are in danger of losing; he feels the need ofliberty. We shall step from twilightinto sunshine. You will require cheering up in this melancholy place. She had never found England so gloomybefore. Havelock Ellis, or through the Neapolitan as did Charles Grant inhis Stories of the Camorra? Somecomposite emotion no doubt, that he could not, or would not,formulate. Egypt, he already felt, had done him nogood. There was a void somewhere, a great void, in herexistence. At such moments Silvia had an intuition of what lifemight have been. Forthe rest: head-work, self-conscious glitter, a virtuosity bordering onthe precious. Their personalities are less marked: here lies, maybe, the core of thematter. They have helped us torectify and clarify our own perspective. The book isoppressive by weight of thought and length of text.