Re: external methods not working on cygwin emacs

From: James Yoo
Subject: Re: external methods not working on cygwin emacs
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:21:38 -0500

I would love to check out a dev copy from cvs... except I am stuck
behind a mega-corp firewall and cannot reach external servers except
thru http... :(

On 5/25/06, Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:
"James Yoo" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi James,

> new version of emacs fresh from cvs compiled on cygwin...
>
> ssh works with tramp but is slow for large files, but rsync, scp, etc does not
> work.  we get a "login failed" message... but it seems like the tramp process
> is dying before the login attempt... dunno.

I confirm that Tramp 2.1.5 does not work with out-of-band methods
under Cygwin. Using CVS Tramp, there are no problems.

Unfortunately, there are non-trivial changes in Tramp since the
release of 2.1.5. So it might hard to extract a patch.

Could you consider to check Tramp from CVS? Furthermore, I'm quite
optimistic that Tramp 2.1.6 can be released soon. There are still some
items on the todo list, but they don't look critical.