Re: tramp (2.0.49); hang after successful scp transfer

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.49); hang after successful scp transfer
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:28:15 +0200

Andre Couvillion <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Andre,

>   Local machine: HPUX 11.00
>   Remote machine: HPUX 11.11
>
>       I have ssh agent setup so tramp/xemacs never asks for a password.
>   After successfully (the file appears in the local machine /tmp/andre
> directory) transfering the requested file via the
> (find-file "/address@hidden/home/andre/gh" nil)
> command, tramp never returns until killed by C-g.
>
>          We get stuck in a loop waiting for some kind of signal that the copy
> is complete:
>
> # Looking for regexp "" from remote shell
> # Looking for regexp "^.*\([pP]assword\|passphrase.*\):.? *" from remote shell
> # Looking for regexp "^.*\(Connection \(?:closed\|refused\)\|Host key
> verification failed\.\|Login \(?:Incorrect\|incorrect\)\|Name or service not
> known\|Permission denied\.\|Sorry, try again\.\).*\|^.*\(Received signal
> [0-9]+\).*" from remote shell

I've played around with Tramp 2.0.51 on my C110 running HP-UX 10.20.

I still can reproduce your problem. It is likely caused due to not
working time-outs in `accept-process-output', which must be related to
HP-UX somehow, because I haven't seen it on other operating systems.

Time-out handling has been rewritten in Tramp 2.1. I've applied Tramp
2.1.4 with scp on my machine; no problem. So maybe you give it a
try. I fear, rewriting time-out handling in Tramp 2.0 would exceed
maintenance effort we can apply for it.

Please be a little bit careful, because Tramp 2.1.4 is a developers
release. And it isn't available as XEmacs package yet, so you would
need to install it yourself.