Re: tramp (2.0.50); Saving changes coding system

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.50); Saving changes coding system
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:16:28 +0200

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:

> After opening a remote file using ssh-method of tramp which is encodes
> as "DOS" file, when saving the file [C-x C-f] the files encoding is
> changed to iso-lation1-unix (default).

There have been some changes wrt coding system, which will appear with
Tramp 2.0.51. This beast should have been released already; but I'm
fighting with my mail backlog being back from holidays.

Maybe you can check whether your problem has been solved already; try
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/tramp/tramp/lisp/tramp.el?rev=2.359.2.52&only_with_tag=branch-2-0-stable>