Re: Working WIth Clearcase

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Working WIth Clearcase
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:13:03 +0200

Tennis Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

> I’m accessing files that are controlled by clearcase.

I guess you mean remote files. Otherwise, you could use clearcase.el

> So, every time I access a file I have to enter a command like this:
>
> Clearcase setview <viewname>
>
> Then, I can edit the file.  The <viewname> value can change.
>
> So, I need to do 3 things:
>
> 1) pass a view name
> 2) set the view based on the name
> 3) edit the file.
>
> Has anyone done anything like this with Tramp Mode?  If not, is there
> any recommended way of doing this?

Tramp does not support hooking scripts to be executed before accessing
a file. What you can do is starting the view(s) in advance on the
remote machine via "cleartool startview <viewname>". Then you can
access the remote files with their view names, like
"/remote.machine:/view/<viewname>/cc/path/to/file".