Re: Tramp 2.0.48

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp 2.0.48
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:26:41 +0200

Rainer Thiel <address@hidden> writes:

> At 22:28 20.03.2005, Michael Albinus wrote:
>>Stable Tramp 2.0.48 has been released. It is mainly a bug fix release.
>
> While I managed to install Tramp 2.0.47 for my Gnu Emacs under Windows
> XP (using the AuCTeX winstall documentation and applying it where
> suitable), I have not succeeded in installing 2.0.48.
>
> Is anyone aware of how this can be done?

Last year, somebody published his steps installing Tramp under Windows
XP: <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2004-08/msg00004.html>.

It's still on my todo list (less prioritized) to take it into the
documentation. Since I'm not a Windows expert, I didn't check the
steps in detail. Could you check this report, whether it is usefull,
and maybe help me to compile an extract for the documentation?