Re: add tramp to site-init.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: add tramp to site-init.el
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:32:49 +0100

Paul Lew <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry not being clear, I was tyring to add tramp.elc to be included in
> the site-init.el when *building* emacs so all my frequent used lisp
> file will be preloaded.

Usually a simple setting of load-path and (require 'tramp) should be
sufficient.

During configuration, Tramp checks whether all mandatory packages are
visible. So in general there shouldn't be a problem.

Checking aclocal.m4. Hmm, this is done via "${EMACS} --no-site-file
-batch -eval", no "-q". That might be a problem.

> Because of various requires in the tramp package so far I was not able
> to do link emacs successfully.

Could you, please, report the error message?