Re: login fails

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: login fails
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:19:19 -0500 (EST)

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:08:48 +0100
>
> address@hidden (Haines Brown) writes:
>
> > Incidentally, when I do this experiment, it messes up emacs so that I
> > can't start rmail and various commands don't work. I have to restart
> > emacs to continue.
>
> Could you, please, submit a bug report by "M-x tramp-submit-bug"? This
> will give us much more information.
>
> > Haines Brown
>
> Best regards, Michael.

It is perhaps premature to do that because the copy of emacs I'm
working with is broken. I was only trying to get tramp running as a
trial run before installing it on a target system in which emacs is in
good shape (and tramp is a bit newer than the 2.0.42 I'm running here.

I'll try setting up tramp on the new system, and if still a problem,
then a bug report.

Thanks!

Haines