Re: tramp (2.0.43); Login failed

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.43); Login failed
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:38:53 +0200

Gerhard Killesreiter <address@hidden> writes:

> Another useful thing to do is to put (setq tramp-debug-buffer t) in
> the ~/.emacs file and to repeat the bug.  Then, include the contents
> of the *tramp/foo* buffer and the *debug tramp/foo* buffer in your bug
> report.
>
> --bug report follows this line--
>
> Trying to edit a file via tramp des not work. I get the follwoing
> backtrace:

The backtrace simply says that something went wrong. Tramp was not
able to open a connection to the remote host.

For more analysis, it would be helpfull if you could provide the
respective buffers mentioned above.

Btw: is it a problem newly introduced with Tramp 2.0.43? There is some
backporting from Tramp 2.1 in this release.