Re: Wrong number of arguments: #[(start end)

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Wrong number of arguments: #[(start end)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:27:45 +0200

Leonid Petrov <address@hidden> writes:

>   I am running tramp-2.0.38 from HP-UX 11.00 with Emacs 20.7. I need to work
> on two remote hosts. Let's call one host "good", another "bad".
> I can read and write remote files on a remote host "good", and I can
> only read files on a remote host "bad". In an attempt to write a file
> to remote host "bad" I see the message:
>
> Wrong number of arguments: #[(start end).
>
> After that failure remote file has zero length. :-(

I haven't tried very hard to make Tramp work on Emacs 20.  If it isn't
too much trouble, I'll try to make it compatible again, but it's
possible that I just require Emacs 21.

Can you M-x load-library RET tramp.el RET (the .el is important), then
M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET, then repeat the error?  You should get
a backtrace.  Post it here.

Thanks,
Kai