cannot write /cvsroot/tramp/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: cannot write /cvsroot/tramp/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 16:03:28 +0100

I tried the following three commands:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/tramp co -r V-2-0-36 tramp
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/tramp co -r V-2-0-37 tramp
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/tramp co -r V-2-0-38 tramp

The first two fail with this error message:

cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/tramp/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission
denied

The third one suceeds in checking out a tree; there is no error
message.  (I assume it's the right version, I didn't check closely.)

In a working directory I checked out as kai, I can do "cvs log" on the
lisp/tramp.el file and see that the tags V-2-0-36 through V-2-0-38
exist.

I know you guys are probably still busy with resurrecting things after
the compromise, but I'd like to tell you about it anyway ;-)

Kai