Re: smb connection fails on passward var

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: smb connection fails on passward var
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:02:04 +0100

Harry Putnam <address@hidden> writes:

> Trying to connect to an smb share I hit an error message that says:
> tramp-get-password-end-of-line:
> Method `smb' didn't specify `password-end-of-line' arg for tramp

According to the ChangeLog, Kai has removed that function in August
(and replaced by something different). I vaguely remember some
discussions about, for more details I'ld need to contact my archive.

Do you see a chance to upgrade to the recent CVS version of Tramp?
Maybe you have an up-to-date tramp-smb.el, but older tramp.el?

Otherwise I would need to go back to Tramp 2.0.36 for more analysis...