Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file

From: Norbert Koch
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.36); su and sudo hangs on FreeBSD when saving file
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:55:09 +0200

> Finally, I've committed the patch into CVS.

Thanks.

> But I'm a little bit confused: On my Debian, XEmacs is installed by
> default at "/usr/share/xemacs21"; the infodir is at
> "/usr/share/xemacs21/site-packages/info".
>
> Your patch would always require a "lib" subdirectory. Is there
> something wrong with Debian?

Uh, "wrong" might be too strong a word for it, but it deviates from
the intended standard layout [a].  I don't know what prompts the
respective maintainers to do so, but there might be reasons.

norbert.

Footnotes:
[a] Other distros do the same, ie to deviate from the standard not to
    use Debian's structure.