Re: Path problems.

From: kai . grossjohann
Subject: Re: Path problems.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:43:04 +0200 (MEST)

> I'm very happy with using Tramp, and have been using it for a time now.
> But now I realized that I've been jumping ovre a problem that should be
> possible to Fix, but I wasn't able to anyway.  What I have to do to get
> it working, is to set another bash path than my default, because I am
> not able to set the tramp-shell-prompt-pattern properly.
>
> This is how I set my path in Bash:
>
> PS1=$'\u\$\h \[\e[1;35m\][\[\e[0m\]\w\[\e[1;35m\]]\[\e[0m\] '

My suggestion is that you don't set tramp-shell-prompt-pattern,
but that instead you set the prompt.  Tramp sets $TERM to dumb,
and fancy stuff like the stuff above won't work for dumb terminals
anyway, so my suggestion is to do like

if [ x$TERM != xdumb ]; then
        PS1=your.fancy.value.goes.here
else
        PS1='\$ '       #or another simple value
fi

What do you think?

Kai

--
I just moved and started a new job.  Without Internet access
in my new home, response times will be high :-(